new works by 
Matthew Ronay @ Marc Foxx, LA

"I'm always searching for that tranquil place from which to experience fully 
and without fear, good and bad, wounding and healing."




"Organ/Organelle"
Sept 6- Oct 4, 2014

Read a past interview with Matthew Ronay on You Have Been Here Sometime

The space as a "mystical space."  What does this mean to you?  

It's not something I say a lot, but I think part of what I do is to participate with forms and symbols in a habitual way, hoping to have some self discovery. Is that part of a mystical path? I think so, but I wouldn't presume so. My participation in it veers more towards fantasy and the personal than it does the spiritual, although to me spiritual is intensely personal anyway. I really enjoy the structure of ritual and the psychological state I think it brings on. I'm always searching for that tranquil place from which to experience fully and without fear good and bad, wounding and healing. But literally being in the studio has it's purifying qualities, like the first artist, it's primordial struggle to understand and untangle, to create imagery spontaneously out of a need to emphasize what is moving and harmonious. 
 
visit Marc Foxx here.




----------------

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top