Speed or Armor, 2013 (Jason Koharik)

"Look around, look inside, look under the stones in the river 
 See a life turned clean, Skim a stone, throw a bone, watch it float downstream 
and dissolving. Dye the water green" (new Bibio)

 




May 21, 2013 7-10 pm. 
LACE Benefit Auction

Jason Koharik of Collectedby has a new work that is part of the upcoming Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibition's annual fundraising auction. So many amazing artists to bid on for this year's auction at LACE. 


"I am, I suppose, self taught on much of what I do, (metal working, weaving, leather work, sewing, electrical, wood working), mostly out of necessity. I don't know how else to get it done. So I mess up 5 times or so before I get it right! I learn so much this way. You just have to keep trying, which is really hard sometimes.  I have found mentors along the way. I met a master wood worker, an artist really. I evolve every time I visit his shop or we work on a design together. An upholsterer I can only describe as an angel. Not only because of the quality of his work, but mostly for his appreciation of life. Creating and learning new ways to create is something I am very passionate for." - Jason Koharik


Read a past conversation with Jason Koharik here.


Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibtions

"LACE with HAPPENING 2013 Host Committee chair and LACE Board Member Kathie Foley-Meyer and Master of Ceremonies Mario Ybarra, Jr. are pleased to announce HAPPENING 2013: The LACE Benefit Art Auction, our most festive celebration of the year. Taking place Tuesday, 21 May 2013 at LACE in Hollywood, this signature event will honor the groundbreaking artists who put LACE on the cultural map of Los Angeles and continue to command our attention in the contemporary art world.  Get ready to raise your paddle to bid on 100+ works by established and emerging artists including Laylah Ali, Tad Beck, Barnaby Furnas, Liz Glynn, Piero Golia, Mike Kelley, Sharon Lockhart, Meleko Mokgosi, Raymond Pettibon, Sterling Ruby, Frances Stark, Henry Taylor, Liat Yossifor, Lisa Williamson and many more. Board President William Moreno comments, "With the enthusiastic and generous support of each of our donors and members, LACE remains the dynamic platform artists and curators require to create daring, leading-edge work for the public. Their contributions are truly appreciated and valued." 

more about LACE here. 






=====




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top