Wallpaper* City Guide: 
Los Angeles 2013

......



"Artsy Angelenos were curious when influential New York gallery Matthew Marks opened in 2012 on a residential street in West Hollywood, far from the Culver City art crowds. This magnificently reductive 280 sq m space was designed by SoCal native Peter Zellner and his award winning firm Zellnerplus. With a gentle nod to Ed Ruscha’s photographic tome, Every Building on the Sunset Strip, Zellner stuccoed the exterior of the windowless gallery, which is adorned with a 12m-long horizontal Ellsworth Kelly sculpture (above)." - David John



Last year I was asked by Wallpaper* City Guide to co-author the Los Angeles 2013 Edition.  Early Spring, I visited locations throughout Los Angeles, searching for design, innovation, and destinations for the traveler and locals.  The 2013 edition was recently released and is finally out in bookstores now.  It's some of my first writing to be released in print, and I'm thrilled!

Read my selections for Los Angeles, including Matthew Marks Gallery, Superba Snack Bar, Hotel Bel-Air, Mr. C Hotel in Beverly Hills, and A-Frame to name a few!   I am currently working on the 2014 edition, dashing through the city late at night and early morning. Catch me if you can! - David John


Check out the Wallpaper* City Guide here. 



--------

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top